10 Content Marketing Tips for Email Marketing Success
Email marketing is a segment of content marketing. Content marketing describes marketing that uses information and content to inform, engage, and persuade your audience to act. Content includes text, visuals, and audio information that sends a message to your audience.
To be successful with content marketing, youll need to plan your marketing based on your audiences needs and your goals for them.
1. Know and Maintain a Consistent Brand Voice If you want your audience to read and enjoy receiving email messages from you, make sure you know what your brand voice is. This includes the terms you want to use, the tone you say them in, and your values and principles.
2. Create Targeted Lead Magnets When you develop lead magnets to build your list, make sure you target each freebie toward a particular member of your audience. Casting a smaller net will result in higher conversions.
3. Craft Meaningful and Persuasive Messages Every message you send them, whether email or in your blog, or even on social media, need to be meaningful to them so that you can persuade them to act.
4. Use Content to Segment Your Subscribers The content you publish on your website and in email can be used to further segment your audience based on their behavior. The more segmented they are, the better you can communicate your value to them.
5. Ask Subscribers What They Want Send surveys and questionnaires to your list members, social followers, and blog readers to find out what they really want to know about. For example, under a blog post, you can post something like want more content about this topic and let them check yes or no and sign up for your list to be reminded of new content about that topic.
6. Encourage Subscribers to Share Your Messages Even when you send an email, with the exception of private information, you should encourage the recipients to share with their friends.
7. Conduct A B Testing Regularly You dont know for sure if the content is doing what you want it to do unless you test it. Try changing headlines, subject lines, and subtle information to improve each interaction.
8. Send Valuable Actionable Messages Often While you do want to send valuable and actionable messages to your email list, often make sure each message really does have a reason for existing before sending.
9. Focus on Audience Delight When you focus on delighting your audience, youre going to see a massive difference in their engagement with you. Find ways to make them say wow to the content you deliver to them.
10. Remember the CTA Dont bother sending even one message without a call to action based on the reasons you are sending the message. The CTA doesnt have to be about buying. It can be about sharing, liking, replying, and so forth too. Tell your email list member and reader what you want them to do next, and youre going to get a lot more results.
Content marketing will help you improve all aspects of your marketing and advertising by helping you keep top of mind at all times. Every message you create for them needs to have a reason for being and a goal in mind. If you cannot figure out the goal, dont create it.