Bonus: Monetizing Your Email Messages
You have created an extraordinary and compelling lead magnet that is persuasive and solves one problem in a hurry for your ideal customer, depending on who youre targeting in their buying journey, but just getting people on the list is not the end. You have to find ways to make money too. You only make money by making paid offers.
* Promote a Product You Use If youre part of your own audience, the products and services you use to solve those problems are of utmost interest to your audience. Tell them what you think about each resource you use and invite them to use it, too, with your affiliate link.
* Promote Your Own Products and Services Every three to four emails, send information about the products and services you have created for them. Anytime you bring up one of these problems, you can promote the solution.
* Promote a Service You Love Did you use a service you like recently that will be useful for your audience too? Let them know about it. Just like youd tell your best friend about the yummy restaurant you went to last night, you should tell your audience about the services you get results from.
* Tell Your Audience About a Product They Need Even if you dont use the products because youre not part of your own audience, you should tell your audience about the products you need. Just like a doctor tells their patients what they need.
* Create a New Product or Service As you learn more about your customers, create products that fit into your niche that solve their problems.
* Promote Memberships and Subscriptions Continuity programs are awesome to promote whether you own them or not. Subscriptions and memberships usually require a monthly payment, which can really add up over time.
* Sell Another Product on Your Download Pages Anytime you create a thank you or download page, add the next product or service based on what theyre getting now, whether a freebie or not, as a suggestion.
* Maximize Error Pages Edit your error pages to take advantage of the space by recommending products, freebies, or whatever your current promotion is at the time.
* Host Flash Sales Keep your audience open and ready for more email messages by surprising them with list member-only sales periodically that thanks them for being VIPs.
* Segment Your Audience Based on Their Behavior Remember that you can keep segmenting your audience even after getting on your list by telling them about your newest offers, freebies, and so forth and using the automation inside the autoresponder to segment and tag them based on their actions.
* Set Up Low-Cost Tripwires A tripwire is a low-cost product that tests your audiences interest. Usually, the cost is less than $27 dollars and is also a great way to build your list with your ideal audience.
* Up-Sell, Cross-Sell, and Down-Sell as Needed Send the right offers to the right people. Based on their behavior, you may need to send information for up-sells, cross-sells, or even a down-sell if needed to keep their interest.
* Remarket to Your List Members Via Paid Ads One effective way to keep your list active is to use technology such as remarketing ads via social media. You simply upload your email list, and only those who are on that list will get your ads. You can use this to remind them to check their email.
* Email Regarding Abandoned Carts If you have a shopping cart, set up automation that automatically sends reminds to them if they abandon their shopping cart. You can do this via email, but you can also use remarketing ads to bring them back too.
* Offer Coaching and Consulting Services Personal one-on-one services and consulting is a very lucrative way to earn more money. Make these offers to those who have purchased most of your products and services.
The more ways you can offer opportunities for your audience to buy something you recommend, the more money youre going to make. Thats just math. Make more offers, make more money.